Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15, 2011

I don't know why my other blog did not post. I'll try again. It has been a busy summer. I went to Lex and Erika to help when Naomi was born. I loved my time there. Desea, Jazzy, and Cici are very busy. The food and the company were great. I got to know Ciela and renew love with Desea and Jazzy. I learned a lot from them. They are adorable. After I came home it was past time to kill and dress out the Cornish X Rock chickens. It is done and they are in the freezer until it gets cooler and I can can them.
It is blazing hot. Mike has taken care of the animals most of the time as it is too hot for me. We redid our room. Mike was sawing wood for our bed frame and I decided to help him by taking care of the animals for the evening. The rabbits received water and food. I checked the water and food for the chickens and turkeys. Then I closed up the chicken houses. One little hen was not cooperating. I closed the door while I tried too shoo her into the roosting house. After she went in. I pushed the door to go back out. Imagine how I felt when it wouldn't budge. The latch fell into the lock when I had pulled the door shut. I didn't want to break the door if I didn't have to, so I started Yelling for Mike. You guessed it. I did not have my cell phone with me. Luckily he heard me in 5 minutes time and rescued me. He made a comment about all the old hens being locked up and I reminded him what happens to a lot of roosters around here. Another great day in chicken ranching!

No comments:

Post a Comment